Did you come to our Plymouth & South Devon "Friendly" We'd love to hear from you...
Did you come to our Plymouth and South Devon "Friendly" on June 12th, Devonport Guildhall (see quick pix above)? We'd love to hear your thoughts on it!
We thought it went really well - blown away by the talent and commitment in the room, packing out what was effectively a full house. A powerful and passionate network was started here, we are sure of it.
So let's connect... You can mail us here, or comment on our Alternative UK Facebook page, or even on this blog (comments are open, below). Happy to receive all pics, blogs, further suggestions. We'll be posting material and performances from the event over the next week or so. And a full report will be coming soon.
We are already planning our next two stages for Plymouth & South Devon - called "Inquiry" and "Action". If you want to sign-up to be involved, you can become one of our co-creators.
Here are the people, groups and networks from the area who helped us with the Friendly (in random order). Our huge thanks to:
- Hannah Sloggett and Wendy Hart, Nudge Community
- Tess Wilmott, Permaculture designer & teacher (flowers & greens for the venue)
- Peter Macfadyen, Flatpack Democracy
- Pam Barrett, Buckfastleigh Independents
- Jay Tompt, Totnes REconomy Project
- Rob Hopkins, Transition Network
- Jenny South, Colcom
- Jon Nash, director/playwright
- Alex Robbins, actor/director
- Iain Whitmore, musician/actor/playwright
- Lorna Coulson, medicine drummer
- Roz Birch, facilitator/musician/lecturer
- Anairda, community artist
- Antonia Raines, poet and singer
- Toby G, Street Factory, dancer and motivator
- Hilary Kolinsky, Greg Wotton, We Can Do It
- Kim Wide Social Making
- Abi Coulson (videography)
- Mothiur Rahman poet, lawyer
- Veggie Perrin's (food)
- Special thanks to Amy, Eva and Ed from RIO
(if we've mistakenly missed you out, please let us know).